This is an attempt to archive some of the superstitions, false truths, and half-truths surrounding the infamous ‘Aunt Flo’ that have been carried down through the generations. Where they get their origins, one never knows but give us a chuckle nonetheless. Luckily for us, we have the benefit of modern medicine to help clear up the confusion.
Just imagine if we were living in the 1800′s…
- If a pregnant woman walks over a suicide victim’s grave she will have a miscarriage.
- You cannot get pregnant during your period
- You have to be off of BCP’s (a.k.a.. birth control pills) for at least 3 months before you can conceive
- Girls don’t need to see a gyne until after they start having sex
- Women shouldn’t take a bath during their menstrual cycle
The Doctors help dispel this myth in the video segment about swimming & taking baths during your period.
What old wives’ tales have you heard? Let us know by sharing it in the Comments below..
Incoming search terms:
- old wives tales about periods
- wives tales on periods
- old wives tales regarding menstral cycles
- old wives tales periods
- old wives tales dreams about getting your period
- menstrual cycle in chili wives tale
- old wives tales about menstral periods
- old wives about periods
- myths regardingmenstrual
- menstruation wives tale